Monday, September 17, 2012

Friends and Family 24 Day Challenge Days 21 22

Hello beautiful day!  We have had so much rain over the weekend, this morning has been so nice, cool, and smells like fall! 

So lets see, yesterday was so rainy -- however, we still hit two farmer's markets.  Mueller was a lot less crowded, and actually pretty nice because it was covered.  We keep wanting to hit up the seafood at Mueller -- mainly for the scallops.  We were hoping since it was raining he would still have some scallops, but no of course he sold out before we got there!  So we picked up some jumbo shrimp and flounder. Then we got some delicious sweet and spicy italian sausage (we ate that for lunch with some onions, mushrooms, and sweet peppers -- YUM).  We then went to Hope Farmer's market -- not covered, so a little wet -- but we picked up some tomatoes, summer squash, white bell peppers, anaheim peppers, sweet peppers, and some eggs.  Buying locally fresh food is so fun, and so much more tasty -- it is part of our new routine on the weekends!  It has also been fun meeting and getting to know the farmers!  For example, next weekend we will for sure get those scallops -- because all I have to do is text him in the morning, and he is going to hold 2 lbs for me!  Love my local Farmer's Markets!  Oh yeah, and for dinner we had RABBIT STEW!!!!  Seriously good!

Yesterday also got me thinking about how this 24 day challenge has changed my life!  I have been thinking about it the whole time, but I really figured it out yesterday. Let me start off by saying, that I feel better  than I have felt in years!  It is not just the weight loss, and really that is not my main focus.  Starting this was to me a lifestyle change.  A change that I really needed to feel better physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

For those who do not know me, I am a very social person -- I love being around people, I love going out, I love going to hear live music -- but it seems like since college I have been drinking too much, staying out too late, and not taking care of myself the way I should be.  Through out the last 21 days, my social life has changed.  Much of this has to do with the fact that getting together with my friends revolves around going out and drinking -- and since I have not been drinking, I really have no reason to go out.  Now do not get me wrong, I have been out at night like 4 times to go see some of my friends play shows, and have had a great time doing it -- but I am not going out 4-5 nights a week like I have been known to do in the past.  And I am usually home and in my pajamas around midnight (not 4am).  Anyway back to the point -- the not going out has been a major change. 

The eating has also been a big part of this change.  I have been trying really hard since the beginning of 2012 to start eating right, but for the last almost 3 weeks, it has been a very strict paleo diet.  Some may think that this is hard, but actually it has been fun!  Through out this challenge you have read about the adventures to the farmers markets, and the things I have cooked -- this is fun, and a new way of cooking for me.  I love to cook!  I am one of those people who do not use recipes -- I have always been someone who throws a meal together -- and it is so much more fun being able to use farm fresh ingredients!  And eating meat and veggies is awesome -- what more do i need!  I feel so much better, and my body digests this food so much easier.

I will say, the biggest and most major change has been the supplements.  Rob (my man friend) has been telling me for years to take vitamins.  It is not something that I have ever really done.  I am not good at taking any type of pills or tablets.  I am allergic to most pain medicine, and I have never really been an antibiotic person (a little hippie at heart, and believe that there is a natural way to heal any illness).  So adding supplements and vitamins into the mix has been huge.  Through this 24 day challenge I am taking about 22 supplements and vitamins a day!  I know that sounds like a lot, because it is a lot.  But it is the stuff my body needs to ensure that I am absorbing all the nutrients that I am taking in.  And honestly I feel better than I have in years, and possibly my entire life! 

So back to how this is changing me and my outlook on life.  I am ready to make a difference in my life and other peoples lives.  I am ready to let my creativity and my dreams take over.  I am a big believer in the law of attraction, positive thinking, and believing that there is something bigger for me out in this beautiful world.  And I am ready to take it all in!  I know now that I am suppose to be a healthy version of me -- and I want to share my successes and passions with the world.  The best way for me to do this is through AdvoCare.  So with that being said, I am going to take this opportunity that has been shown to me and run with it.  I know too many people who want to loose weight, too many people who want to have more energy, and too many people who want to earn more income.  I know already, and it has only been 22 days that I have been using these products -- and my life has changed, and will continue to change in a positive way. 

Here is our site -- please take a look and ask any questions -- if I do not have the answer, I have the greatest support through this opportunity, and I will find the answer for you!
Rob and Robyn's Advocare Site 







No comments:

Post a Comment