Monday, September 10, 2012

Friends and Family 24 Day Challenge Days 13 14 15

I have had so much energy the last few days that I have not even been around to sit down and write my blog posts the last couple of days.  So here they are:

Day 13 - Woke up early and went for a 5 mile walk!  First of the fall -- the weather was AMAZING, the walk was a little slow, the company was great!  My friend Ashley joined me on the walk.  I am so proud of her!  She was not able to do the challenge with us this go around, but she has been eating paleo -- she is doing great!  After our walk, we went to the downtown farmers market and bought some produce, bacon, and Italian sausage!  Which brings me to lunch!  I made Italian sausage, onions, and sweet peppers -- and hands down it was the most delicious Italian sausage I have ever eaten in my life!!!!!  It is so true that buying fresh and local is so much better -- taste better and is just down right better for you!  After lunch was the first A&M football game of the season.  For those of you who do not know me -- football is not really my sport (I am a basketball fan), but my manfriend played football for A&M in college -- so needless to say this is a big deal in my house!  Anyway, the first half of the game was pretty awesome -- and I have just decided it is best not to talk about the second half! After the disappointing football game, my nephew and I went to the Mohawk (a live music venue/bar) for Wild Frontier Fest to see some live music -- mainly What Made Milwaukee Famous and Look Mexico because these are my friends bands.  We did however also get to check out some more really great local music.  By the time we got home, I was so exhausted. 

Day 14 - Woke up, ate a delicious breakfast, then went to a new farmer's market at Mueller Park -- man was it crowded!!!!  We tried to walk around, but it was a little stressful and we decided to leave.  We left that farmer's market, and went to HOPE farmer's market on east 5th.  It was also crowded, but at least we were able to shop.  We bought some more produce, eggs, and a rabbit (to eat, not pet) -- we plan on making rabbit stew -- that will be something new!  Yesterday, was kind of a lazy day -- and those are nice.  Also, it was the most beautiful day -- maybe that is why everyone was out side!

Day 15 - TODAY!!!!!  Woke up this morning and made some eggs, bacon, and avocado -- now the bacon we should talk about.  On Saturday we planned on buying some thick cut bacon, but they were out -- so we bought jowl bacon.  Now I must say, that it may be some of the most delicious bacon I have ever had!  Who would have thought that cheek bacon would be so much better than other bacon -- I mean bacon is already so good, how does it just get better!?!?!?  I do not know, but it is better, and thick, and AWESOME!!!!  I am not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I am excited to see what is going to happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment