Monday, September 3, 2012

Friends and Family 24 Day Challenge Days 7&8

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!!!!!  So I did not write a post yesterday, so this post will cover both today and yesterday. 

Day 7:  What a great day!  Had a lot of energy, and ate great!  Last night we went to my cousins house and grilled pork steaks, chicken, tomatoes, squash, and okra.  It was delicious and great to visit and listen to some records.  Last night was also the first time that I have gone out since I started the challenge.  Since I am not drinking during this challenge I ordered a soda water with lime - it worked out fine.  The problem I did find is that I got pretty sleepy around midnight.  Since not going out as much, and getting really great sleep at night -- I find myself going to bed pretty early now.  All in all, the day was good.  It was good to get out and hang out with some friends.

Day 8:  Well the FIBER drink started again today, and I have not made it a secret how I despise this part of the cleanse.  Luckily it is only three days, then the cleanse is over, and on to the "fat burn" part of the challenge.  Today I tried something different with the FIBER - I did a tablespoon at a time.  I put a tablespoon straight into my mouth, then chugged some water to get it down.  It is still awful.  I think tomorrow I am going to go back to 8oz of water, and just chugging it!  It is the fastest way to just get it over with.  Today we are also having are Farmers Market Grilling Day -- really looking forward to dinner now.  For lunch I made a pot roast in the slow cooker.  All it is is pork roast, mushrooms, carrots, and onions.  I put it all in the slowcooker before I went to bed last night.  Added some salt pepper and garlic.  Set it on low, and let it cook for 8 hours.  Now I have the most moist and delicious lunch -- I can not wait to eat it!

Another thing I am pretty excited about today is the season premier of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations -- he filmed this episode in Austin during SXSW.  Austin has become such a food centric city -- I am excited to see what he has to say about the food, the music scene, the people, and the great city that is Austin.  So tune in tonight to No Reservations on the Travel Channel - 8pm (C). 
Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations

No comments:

Post a Comment