Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friends and Family 24 Day Challenge Day 4

This morning, while getting dressed for the day, I felt like the scale in our bathroom was staring at me -- almost doing a little dance to get my attention.  I was not planning on weighing myself until the 1/2 way mark of this challenge because I did not want to be disappointed or discouraged -- however I got on the scale this morning, and I have lost 5lbs already!  Needless to say, I feel even more motivated to make sure I am taking my supplements and eating paleo.

Since January, I have lost around 20lbs or so -- but 5lbs in 4 days?  You may question if this is safe -- all I can say is that I eat all day (just eating REAL food), and I feel better than ever!  Other things I am noticing is that my skin and nails are looking healthier.  I am a nail biter, and always have been.  My nails are pretty week and seem to crack, so then I just bite it off.  But there is no cracking, and they seem to be stronger. 

Today was also a very special day, Rob and I were able to go to San Antonio this morning to celebrate his cousin's retirement from the Air Force.  It was great to be a part of the celebration.  Thank you Master Sergeant Larry Bracken Hays, for serving our country for the past 20+ years.  We are honored to know you and to have been a part of your very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment